Tuesday 12 October 2010

high school education

My high school education was very normal and regular. I cannot say that my school is very good and I learned many things, but it wasn´t so bad. Especially because I had a really good philosophy teacher also I had sicology with the same teacher. In other subjects like math and language: the school only taught me about the PSU. And that fact was a very important concern for me. Because in the first year of university I had redaction problem and reading comprehension. However I learned fast and My homeworks and essays became better every day.

My school was very little, we had a small field to play futball or anything. There was only one grade for year. So we didn´t have many technology or infrastructure. We had a place called " sala multiuso" In that place we had meetings about anything. This room has TV, Dvd, Powerpoint, anything. Like an improvaised auditorium.

The level of my high school education affect in my university life. However when I was in third grade high school I realized and started a preuniversity education in the Feuc ( the student center of Universidad Catolica) and get us to diversity , different kind of people, and a world or enviroment more open and very different from high school. So I can say that the high school eduction level or the enviroment inside this little school didn´t affect me so much, like others classmate for example. But I would like that teachers and the principal have done better the redaction areas or reading comprehesion we need to generate deep thinking. NOT everything is PSU.
If We wants to improve the educational system We need to make estructural changes. A better educational system not only means better distribution of money also means that Chilean state has to make responsable about his citizens. And, for example, Municipal Schools has to be state school.

In general We are responsable for our education and our goals. But when you have very few alternatives to be educated despite of your effort its to much difficult to be "someone" in this society eduction is like miracle: society makes goals for people but no for all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment