Tuesday 19 October 2010

In school, people learn many things but also learn how to be careful with the enviroment. We start in pre-kinder to take our trash and put in a dumping place. Maybe this is the first environmentally friendly practice. So in the school and college we learn about our environment and the word "Recycling" its well-known in the classroom. However in our homes it's completely different we forget about spending energy. And we use the light and water and forget about the environment. Many people never turn the Tv off , and others never turn off completely the tap of the dishwasher. In my case I forget about these things also, but I try to remember about the World and try to keep the level contamination low. I use biodegradable products. And in my home we have a very important rcycling habit: we keep the tetrapack box, like the milk and juice box, and put in a special conteiner in the supermarket.

Other focus of contamination its the pollution caused by cars and buses. This is a very corcern problem. When I went to a body exposicition they show me a lung contaminaited with smoke cigarrete and other lung of person who lived near to the parking mall. AND both lung were very black and dirty,the lungs were equal. So I Start to use my bike, but in bad day a thief stoled my bike. Despite of that I try to use my legs and I don't know how to drive a car. Sometimes I walk about 40 minutes, I walk since avenida la florida until jardin alto .

I never have suportted an orgnization, because I am a lazy person. And because I suppose that I disappointed of any organizations. However a thign that I would like to do it's sort out or put in order the garbage and help to the process of recycling.
About my carbon footprint I must to say that sometimes I forget about the environment. And I don't have excuse. :( But I try to thing in cars pollution and factories so I try to walk or take the public transport.

I thing that Chile is not a cleaning country. We are a weird society with bad habits, We only start to feel corncen when something big happens. I thing that We need now a better education!
Only this can help us to improve our habits in any issues. Also I think that CHile is a unequal country, if you go to la Dehesa the places are clear but if you go to the periphery of the city you see the pile garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment