Tuesday 16 November 2010

My English travel.

In the year 2009 I went to the Faculty of Social Science for the obligatory English test. I didn`t know what to do when I came to the classroom and the people of the computing classroom makes me sit in front of a screen and start to answered the English test of the University of Chile. I was very quiet and relax because I knew some things about English language but suddenly the listening test was wrong: I couldn’t listen anything!!! , the headphones were bad or maybe my computer was crazy or just was a thing of destiny. This fact was the reason that made me take the English subject at the University. When this terrible situation happened the assistant of the computing classroom said to me: “doesn`t matter that you begins the English class at level one or two, always you can learn more and this situation can be useful for you, you can practice English again” but I didn`t believe in his words and later I realized that my travel began here.
Some weeks later I get the new: I was in level 2. That means that I have to take the English subject at least 3 semesters of the academic years. I was very frustrated because I had the feeling that I was losing my time, because I knew some things about the language and I could start the subject in level 3 or 4. However when I started to going the first classes I realized that I didn`t remember important things about the language, so the words of the computing assistant came to my head. The English language only can be learning if you practice a lot. Despite of the time that I wasted going to classes or the tire that I felt the most of the days I learned more things that I couldn’t imagine. We know about our language because we speak every day in the same code but anyone of the people in the world born with a switch or with a translator inside his bodies. So the language isn’t a natural thing it’s a cultural thing. We use a language in our simple life to communicate with others and when we are little babies we started to know the world using a few words. After all learning a language it is a process that never star to happen. When I understand this idea my experience about English class at the university became better, my ears, my eyes were more available than ever.

Above all, this travel was a interesting experience , doesn`t means that I have no faith in my skills but sometimes we believe that we know many things and life mistake can demonstrated that learning it is a process that never stop, especially when we talk about English. In Chile we practice and learn every day Spanish so we never forget the entire language, also we always learn new words. But we can practice English only in our schools or universities and its logical that we forget verbs or adjectives. Finally I understand that my travel by English language has no ending. However I still remember when it began, when the nice assistant computing said to me that English practice it is a experience that during the whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment