Tuesday 25 May 2010

Gotan Project


My favourite group is Gotan Project , they play electronic tango, a new kind of music that came from a diferent way to make traditional music, in simple words electronic tango is a mix between classsical Tango and electronic sounds. Gotan project usually keeps the classical 2X4 rhythm of the tango but mixed with electronic sounds, also they often mixed instruments like "bandoneon", the tradicional instrument of tango and Argentinian folk in general.

Gotan project begins in Paris when the DJ Philippe Cohen Solal, Christoph H. Müller y Eduardo Makaroff started to mix jazz, electronic music and Tango, the last member of the band ,Eduardo it´s the argentinian musician that play bandoneon and guitar. In the year 2000 they made his first Hit : "Vuelvo al sur" then became important in the escenary of electronic Tango , "La revancha del tango" was the second album in the history of Gotan Project, that sold a million copies.

Also Gotan Project has an interesting name: the word Gotan it is Tango but in reverse, that kind of name came from "lunfardo" an interesting way to write words in Argentinian popular culture.

I like Gotan project because i dance Tango and i had the oportunity to heard electronic tango and i think that`s a very nice mix between tradicional music and new kind of music like electronic. also it feels very nice dance the soft mix of jazz, electronic and tango; it is a perfect combination.

5 comments:

  1. I know how much they like you, but I don't share itwhit you. Sorry, the tango is not my thing .
    love you bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho!! I do not like this kind of music, but hey, I respect it.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i herad some time
    kisseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  4. electronic tango is a new kind of music. the first time I heard this music was in alternative bars.

    Bai

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Gotan Projet, there are not my favorite, but still likeit; when the radio plays a song of this band I would´t change it....good music.
    Bye

    ReplyDelete